We launched the new and improved Nantucket Conservation Foundation website last month; a project that took a lot of time and dedication, but was completely worth it in the end. The content-rich site has great imagery of the island, combined with some advanced functionality, that really sets it apart from other websites. It was a project that the whole web team worked together on, each contributing to the user experience, the look and feel, or the buildout.
The website had to accomplish several main objectives:
- Look great, and showcase this beautiful island that is worth conserving
- Provide lots of content, but in creative ways as to not overwhelm the user
- Include an interactive map that allows users to see all of the Conservation land and highlights the main properties to visit
- Feature gift shop products and allow for e-commerce
- Inform users of upcoming events and enable them to register if applicable
- Clearly convey the membership and donation options, and provide the option for users to give online
It was important for us to take everything into consideration and create a website that would immediately direct users to the information they came for, while also enticing them to discover something new. Judging from the feedback we’ve received so far, that is exactly what it does!