Ready to chat? Drop us a note & we'll get right back to you.
Take a peek at our recent blog post about website pricing, and read some fun facts about the Jackrabbit website!
We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented, collaborative person to join our web design team.
A designer is responsible for the creative of a project, including overall look and feel and tactical execution that meets design standards and maintains Jackrabbit’s creativity and attention to detail. This person should be able to create thoughtful designs that focus on user experience and have an above-average understanding of web standards.
The specific details will vary depending on individual skill sets and strengths, but expect to:
- Develop creative concepts with minimal direction
- Execute on web designs for a variety of accounts and project types (homepages, landing pages, emailers, digital ads, etc.)
- Prep files for development and work with the developers to ensure a great looking final product
A Jackrabbit web designer needs a wide range of skills and creative capabilities. These include:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Proficient in Sketch
- Axure (for wireframes) skills a plus, HTML/CSS and other development skills a plus
- Ability to creatively think on your feet, yet comfortable with receiving creative direction and running with it
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to work with project managers on project specifics, processes, and seeing projects through from start to finish
- Consistent quality of work regardless of project size or type
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- Ability to take initiative and desire to learn new skills
- The willingness to support the design team in many different capacities—from initial design conception through final files
We are looking for passionate developer, designer, illustrator, and project coordinator interns. Through real-world learning and collaboration with the Jackrabbits, our interns gain essential experience.
Internships here are full-time gigs lasting from 3-6 months, spent in our Milton office. During this time, you’ll work closely with designers, developers, and project managers on existing endeavors and new projects. From your first day with us until your last, you will be consistently engaged in the inner-workings of the Jackrabbit team (for better or for worse!), and figure out what makes us tick.
What You Can Expect to Achieve:
We try harder, work smarter, produce faster, and ensure that our internships embody that same ideology. Whether you have a background in visual design/illustration, web development, or marketing strategies, our approach will allow you to expand your abilities into all disciplines of the creative process. Expect to:
- Be held to a high standard–we are excited to teach people who are looking to learn, but do expect our interns to absorb information and processes quickly, be fastidious with details, and always put forth their best effort
- Observe the day-to-day activities of the team and learn the ins-and-outs of being a rabbit
- Develop skills imperative to excel in a creative, client-focused environment
- Collaborate on real-world projects
- Have some fun–we’re a small group and working all day in a positive, friendly environment is a big part of why we like our jobs
What Skills You Should Possess Already:
Jackrabbit looks for young professionals who have some experience in design/development/marketing, and seek to elevate their abilities in our firm.
A visual design portfolio should demonstrate:
- BFA (achieved or pending) in graphic design or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of visual design principles, including typography and layout
- Working knowledge of responsive and interactive design concepts
- Experience on a variety of creative projects
A web development portfolio should demonstrate:
- BS (achieved or pending) in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with responsive and engaging digital development
- Passion for finding creative solutions to unique opportunities
- Basic knowledge of visual design principles, including Creative Suite abilities
Any additional proficiencies and work experience are a significant strength, and enable you to better accomplish your professional objectives.Apply Now