Interested in a career with the rabbits? Check out the open internships and graphic design positions below and send us your info.
Senior Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented, and collaborative person to join our design team.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Translating client needs and branding strategies into design strategies
- Designing and developing visual concepts for both print and digital
- Collaborating with art directors, front end developers, and project managers
- Articulating and pitching design concepts to clients, art directors and others
This person should have an above-average understanding of traditional print production along with a strong sense of user experience as related to digital design. Being detail-oriented and able to carry that through to the work produced is a huge factor for success. Communication is another big part of the job, so the designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process.
The specific details will vary depending on individual skill sets and strengths, but expect to:
- Develop creative concepts with minimal direction
- Execute on print and web designs for a variety of accounts
- Prep and organize final files for print and web
A senior designer needs a wide range of skills and creative capabilities. These include:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- A strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite along with experience with Sketch and Invision is a must
- The ability to creatively think on your feet, yet be comfortable with receiving creative direction and running with it
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to work with project managers on project specifics, processes, and seeing projects through from start to finish
- Consistent quality of work regardless of project size or type
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
- The ability to take initiative and the desire to learn new skills
- The willingness to guide junior designers and help them succeed
- The willingness to support the design team in many different capacities—from initial design conception, refinement to production
We are looking for passionate developer, designer, illustrator, and project coordinator interns. Through real-world learning and collaboration with the Jackrabbits, our interns gain essential experience.
Internships here are full-time gigs lasting from 3-6 months, spent in our Milton office. During this time, you’ll work closely with designers, developers, and project managers on existing endeavors and new projects. From your first day with us until your last, you will be consistently engaged in the inner-workings of the Jackrabbit team (for better or for worse!), and figure out what makes us tick.
What You Can Expect to Achieve:
We try harder, work smarter, produce faster, and ensure that our internships embody that same ideology. Whether you have a background in visual design/illustration, web development, or marketing strategies, our approach will allow you to expand your abilities into all disciplines of the creative process. Expect to:
- Be held to a high standard–we are excited to teach people who are looking to learn, but do expect our interns to absorb information and processes quickly, be fastidious with details, and always put forth their best effort
- Observe the day-to-day activities of the team and learn the ins-and-outs of being a rabbit
- Develop skills imperative to excel in a creative, client-focused environment
- Collaborate on real-world projects
- Have some fun–we’re a small group and working all day in a positive, friendly environment is a big part of why we like our jobs
What Skills You Should Possess Already:
Jackrabbit looks for young professionals who have some experience in design/development/marketing, and seek to elevate their abilities in our firm.
A visual design portfolio should demonstrate:
- BFA (achieved or pending) in graphic design or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of visual design principles, including typography and layout
- Working knowledge of responsive and interactive design concepts
- Experience on a variety of creative projects
A web development portfolio should demonstrate:
- BS (achieved or pending) in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with responsive and engaging digital development
- Passion for finding creative solutions to unique opportunities
- Basic knowledge of visual design principles, including Creative Suite abilities
Any additional proficiencies and work experience are a significant strength, and enable you to better accomplish your professional objectives.Apply Now